Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Adding a Background to a date in a field

I entered some dates in A1:A30;
With the range selected, I used the command Format | Conditional Formatting
I changed the box from "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is"
In the formula box I entered =A1-TODAY()90 (remember to use the = sign
first)
I pressed the Format key on the right side of the Conditional Formatting
dialog and opened the Pattern tab
Here I selected a background colour
By pressing OK buttons I returned to the spreadsheet
All dates 90 ahead of today had coloured backgrounds
May be you want older dates so use =TODAY()-A190
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"ajnw15035" wrote in message
I manage the use of multiple instances of licences and have recorded each
one
on a spreadsheet complete with the last access date. This spreadsheet i
update on a monthly basis and this allows me to monitor if a licences is
being used effectively.
In the first column I have the names of the PCs using the licences. In the
next 12 columns are the last access dates for the various projects.

I would like to set each cell to change it's background depending on the
date entered. E.G. I need the background of the cell to go to red if the
date
typed in is greater than three months or 90 days previous to the current
date.