Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Reinstitute series name as title

Click on the chart title on the chart
In the Formula bar type an equals sign: =
Then click on (i.e. point at) the cell containing the name required (In your
case the header of the y-series) You will see something like =Sheet!$B$1
Press the Enter key or click the green checkmark to the left of the Formula
Bar to complete the operation.
Now when you add a tendline, the chart title is unaltered.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"hmm" wrote in message
Excel 2000 has the convenient feature that the title of a single-series
chart
is set to the name of the series. A couple questions:

1. Sometimes this title gets deleted. In such a case, how do I
reinstitute
that the title should be the same as the series name.

2. When I add a trendline, the title becomes "Chart Title." How do I
reset
it to equal the series name?

Thanks.