Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Negative Data labels disappear

Hi,

If it possible that the negative figures are being treated as text?
Can you see the thousands (,) separator in the formula bar? Is the
number format General or Number?

Cheers
Andy

efredian wrote:
I'm having a similar problem in a clustered column bar chart. My data a

2003 2004 2005 2006
0 54,421 135,764 138,317
-47,646 -105,481 -58,707 -38,766

where the first line is the X axis and the 2nd & 3rd lines are bar chart
values. No matter what I do, the negative values never appear on the chart as
data values. I've tried manually expanding the Y axis to -1.0E6 to 1.0E6, no
luck. The positive values are showing, no problem.

"RichN" wrote:

Perhaps you could start by describing your data. Does it include negative
numbers? What does it include?

"Anthi" wrote:

I can only see negative data labels when I increase the maximum of the
x-scale. Why is this happening and what can I do to avoid it? Cause if I
increase the x-scale too much than the bars are very small and do not look
nice.
Thanks in advance!

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel