Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
efredian efredian is offline

Default Negative Data labels disappear

I'm having a similar problem in a clustered column bar chart. My data a

2003 2004 2005 2006
0 54,421 135,764 138,317
-47,646 -105,481 -58,707 -38,766

where the first line is the X axis and the 2nd & 3rd lines are bar chart
values. No matter what I do, the negative values never appear on the chart as
data values. I've tried manually expanding the Y axis to -1.0E6 to 1.0E6, no
luck. The positive values are showing, no problem.

"RichN" wrote:

Perhaps you could start by describing your data. Does it include negative
numbers? What does it include?

"Anthi" wrote:

I can only see negative data labels when I increase the maximum of the
x-scale. Why is this happening and what can I do to avoid it? Cause if I
increase the x-scale too much than the bars are very small and do not look
nice.
Thanks in advance!