Earl Kiosterud

KG,

It's the same as any VLOOKUP. The third parameter, 2, is the column of the
table from which to return something.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"KG" wrote in message
Thanks for the catch; actually my named range is Gross_Sales. I'm
intrigued
by the VLOOKUP method. I know that in regular VLOOKUP tables the third
parameter (2 in your example) designates the column where Excel starts its
lookup. What does it do in the case of a named range?

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

KG,

'Book 1.xls'!GrossSales

For example:
=SUM('Book 1.xls'!GrossSales)
=VLOOKUP(A2, 'Book 1.xls'!GrossSales, 2)

Note that a Range name cannot have a space, hence GrossSales, not Gross
Sales.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"KG" wrote in message
Workbook #1 has a range named "Gross Sales" in Sheet1 Cells A2:K2. How
can
point to this range so that I can link it to Sheet1 Cells2:K2 in
Workbook
#2?