Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

Default Formula True False help

As a question,
If the item got there before it was expected, you would have a f/u as yes
if the date received cell is empty until item is received, You might try

=if(and(D2=Today(),E2=""),"","yes")

"Lisa" wrote:

Hi BJ,

Yes, exactly what I needed. I'm trying to track purchase orders. If the
order
"Date ordered"
PO #
Item description
"Date expected"
"Date Received"
F/U - FOLLOW UP GIVES A 'YES' OR STAYS BLANK depending on if the order was
received or not.
"F/U date"
"New expected date"
F/U - SAME HERE - FOLLOW UP GIVES A 'YES' OR STAYS BLANK

"bj" wrote:

What are you trying to do?
this equation gives Y for false and "" for true

"Lisa" wrote:

It's taken since 1:00 am to figure it out (only 8+ hours) but I did get it to
work - could there have been an easier way? I used:

=IF(OR(D2=TODAY(),E2=D2)," ","Y")

"bj" wrote:

Without seeing your formula, it is hard to give a specific answer, but
try
=if(current formula,"Yes","")
it may have to be modified some depending on your current formula
"Lisa" wrote:

In a formula, I need the cell to display the word "YES" instead of true, and
stay blank if false.