Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Billy Liddel Billy Liddel is offline

Default HP and Functions

If the data is in column c use the SUBSTITUTE formula

=SUBSTITUTE(C1,"HP2-","COC3-") and copy down.

Or you can use the Edit, Replace function (Crtl + H) and type the values in
the form.

Peter

"Mike S." wrote:

I'm trying to replace all instances of "HP2-" in a column of text with
"COC3-". Each time I run the Replace command, I get an error saying that the
formula is invalid.

I get the same error when I use "HP2" and "HP". When I try searching the
help files for "HP in Functions", I get a list of text functions and issues -
none of which show HP in the description.

What's happening? (I tried using MS Tech Support, but I'm not allowed to
pay the $50 fee and the free period is over. Grrrrr!)

--
Mike S.