Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Excel is Backwards!

Ron de Bruin reported that it was a setting in the Beta, but a buggy setting
which he reported. It seems they fixed the bug by removing the setting.
Although I could flip a 2003 worksheet that had been reversed, I haven't
been able to flip a new worksheet created in 2007 - yet!

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Randy Rich" wrote in message
Thanks so much, Bob. My user reported all is well again after I sent your
message. However, she also reported she had the language set to Yiddish.
guess that will teach me to never make assumptions regarding what settings
might have been used. It appears that when in the Yiddish mode, her text
was
all in english so it didn't seem to make a difference. She freely admits
this was a PEBKAC error. Thanks so much for your efforts, though. I
thought
I was losing it because I couldn't find any other setting that would make
that happen.
--
Thanks, Randy

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Randy,

I couldn't find it anywhere in 2007 either.

But guess what, I right-clicked the left-most sheet when it was reversed,
and it flipped! Go figure!

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Randy Rich" wrote in message
Hi Bob, I don't think this will work in 2007 Excel, will it? There is
no
"Tools" option on the menu bar, and the Options under the office button
doesn't have anything that looks like a International tab. It must be
set
someplace else in this version. I tried looking at "international" and
"international settings" in help, and that didn't point to a revelant
topic
either. I'm still stumped!
--
Thanks, Randy

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

ToolsOptionsInternational, and uncheck the 'View current sheet
right-to-left' box.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Randy Rich" wrote in message
I have a strange question. I have a user that is asking why her
columns
are
showing in reverse order. The number of the rows is displayed on
the
RIGHT,
and the far right column is A. This is Excel 2007, and it is a
puzzle
me.
I've apparently missed the configuration option that selects "right
left"
or "left to right". So far as I know, she is not using any other
language
option or other setting that would make that correct. Is there a
way
change it? Or better said, is there a way to make it display the
way
it
works for everyone else?

--