Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris Chris is offline

Default Linking one work book to another....

Got it....thanks.....chris

"Max" wrote:

In the top left cell for the link,
just change the absolute* cell references to relative
eg from: =[Book1]Sheet1!$A$1
to: =[Book1]Sheet1!A1
Then you can fill across and down to link correspondingly

*absolute cell refs seem to be the defaults inserted by Excel
when you click to link sheets across books
--
Max
Singapore
"Chris" wrote:
I am linking cells from one workbook to another....I'm doing this by entering
= in the destination cell then clicking on the cell in the master and hitting
enter. This way I can only do one cell at a time....is there a way to link
multiple cells at one time to speed up the process...I have approximately
30,000 cells that I need to link...please help....