Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Dates

Ms Beasley

Many features are unavailable in Shared Workbooks.

See Help on "shared workbook" for a list.

Changing protection/locking/unlocking cell is one of these features not
available.

What you want to do can easily be done on a non-shared workbook using event
code.

Gord

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:35:01 -0800, Ms. Beasley
wrote:

What I've been asked to do is create a shared log sheet that will allow users
to click in a blank cell that will automatically populate today's date and
then lock the cell. Then tomorrow when it is opened it will still show the
date of yesterday's entry into the log sheet. I am not proficient at Excel
at all!!! Thanks so much!!

"Ms. Beasley" wrote:

I'm trying to do a worksheet that will autotmatically enter "today's date" in
a field but will not update when the spreadsheet is opened tomorrow. Can
anybody help me with this? Thanks!