Gord Dibben

Just one of the dangers of saving directly to or opening directly from a disk.

Best practice is to save to HDD first then copy to CD. Same way coming back.

Can you copy it to HDD and is it still read-only?

Can you remove the read-only property through Windows Explorer?

You may have to copy the sheets to a new workbook and save that. To HDD, of
course.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:37:02 -0800, "nsturre"
wrote:

i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of
a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my
hard drive?