Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] mr.sandog@gmail.com is offline

Default Charting or constructing a graph, from a row with list validation

I am attempting to construct a chart from survey data I have entered
into Excel 2003. Basically, each question equates into a row. The
first column contains the text of the question, and each of the
following columns contain the specific response from each instance of
the data (survey taker).

The answers are available from a drop-down validation list, like this:

Agree
Maybe
Disagree

Yet, when I use the charting function and highlight the entire row
including the actual question, I have no idea how to make that chart
graph along the dimensions already outlined by the validation list
like I would expect it to, like this:

Maybe --------- 8

Instead I get a bunch of gibberish, and the chart seems to want to
graph along a 0-1 dimension, with no way I can see to reference the
validation list. Help !!!!!

Can anyone help?