Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Inserting a static date into a function

You can do it without VBA but involves circular references and changing
iterations

See JE McGimpsey's site.

"Using circular references and worksheet functions"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:14:01 -0800, FIF780
wrote:

So here's what I am trying to do:

I've created a pull-down list with a checkmark and I would like to create a
function for another cell that will insert the date that the checkmark was
added. The tricky part is getting that date to stay static instead of
changing to the computer's date (as with the TODAY() and NOW() functions). I
know that I have to us an IF function (like IF(A1=checkmark, "STATIC DATE",
"") ... and the static date is the thing that is killing me. In addition, my
company's computers do not take kindly to macros, so if there is anyway that
I am able to do this through a function, that would be ideal. Thanks!