Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar Elkar is offline

Default Inserting a static date into a function

This can't be done with a formula. You would need to use a Macro or have the
user manually input the date. Note, a shortcut to input the current date is
CTRL+;

HTH,
Elkar

"FIF780" wrote:

So here's what I am trying to do:

I've created a pull-down list with a checkmark and I would like to create a
function for another cell that will insert the date that the checkmark was
added. The tricky part is getting that date to stay static instead of
changing to the computer's date (as with the TODAY() and NOW() functions). I
know that I have to us an IF function (like IF(A1=checkmark, "STATIC DATE",
"") ... and the static date is the thing that is killing me. In addition, my
company's computers do not take kindly to macros, so if there is anyway that
I am able to do this through a function, that would be ideal. Thanks!