Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mike_vr mike_vr is offline

Default Add-ins for Excel 2007

Morning Dave / Jim,

If you're still out there to help, here is the code:

Sub AutoJournal()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Application.StatusBar = "Exporting AutoJournal..."
Range("C3,I3").Select
Selection.ClearContents
Range("A36:G63").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("A1").Select
Sheets("AUTOJOURNAL").Select
Range("A1").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues

'That's all fine but then this is where we get a run-time error 9: subscript
out of range

AddIns("Flat File Exporter").Installed = False
On Error Resume Next
AddIns("Flat File Exporter").Installed = True

Dim autoPath As DataObject
Set autoPath = New DataObject
autoPath.SetText "J:\FTP\AUTOACRS.DAT"
autoPath.PutInClipboard
Application.StatusBar = False

End Sub

Does this make sense to you, 'cos it's fairly Greek to me.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

"Dave F" wrote:

Well posting the code would probably help us understand what you're doing.
But what happens when you try to run the macro in XL 2007? Do you get
errors? If so, what are the errors?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"mike_vr" wrote:

I don't think so, but this could be out of my league. Basically we were using
a macro to convert the Excel 97 file to a .dat file, which is then stored on
one of our drives before being exported to our accounting package. All this
was created before my time though, so I have limited knowledge on how to
update this to tie in to Excel 2007.

Does it sound like there is an answer to this, and would it help if you saw
the original macro code?

Thanks,

Mike

"Dave F" wrote:

Can't you just save the document as a .csv file?

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"mike_vr" wrote:

Hi all,

Quick question, does anybody know if there is a Flat File Exporter or
something equivalent available for Excel 2007?

Thanks,

Mike