Gordon

Gordon wrote:
Gord Dibben wrote:

Helene

Gordon is not correct.

Windows Regional Settings control Excel's default number formatting.

Well it's *NEVER* worked for me in *ANY* version of Excel on *ANY*
machine I've *EVER* worked on, and that goes back to Office 95 on
Windows 95 right through to Office 2002 on XP SP2. And I use Excel
extensively every day in every job I've had for the last 10 years.

And I've never known it work for any of the hundreds of colleagues I've
worked with over those ten years either. EVERYONE has ALWAYS had to use
custom formats.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk