Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Exporting conditional formatting rules

The CF "rules" are actually formulas that equate to TRUE or FALSE, where the
return of TRUE will enable the formatting as prescribed in the CF.

Now ... are you looking to copy the formulas of the CF, *BUT NOT* the
formatting that was selected on the previous sheet?

So that say, the *same* condition in B2 on Sheet1 and Sheet2 will invoke
*different* formats (colors) on each individual sheet?

OR ... are you looking to exactly copy *only* the CF's, and not all the
other surrounding formats in/on the other neighboring cells?

RD

"Chadwill" wrote in message
I specifically do not want an exact copy. I specifically want the

formatting
to be different than the other page, except for the conditional formatting
RULES.

All I want to copy over is the conditional formatting RULES, nothing else.

It seems that there is a disconnect in trying to describe and

understanding
what I am wanting to accomplish but I know of no other way to express it
except maybe this way:

Very simple, nothing about the two pages are to be similar, except:
1. the conditional formatting rules.

consequently:

2. in the chance that a specific value in a cell on one page is the same

as
a cell on the other page, that having the same conditional formatting

rules
on both pages would color both cells the same color.

**************************

"Ragdyer" wrote:

This goes for more then just CF.

Create and format SheetA exactly as you want your other sheets to

duplicate
.... of course, minus the actual data.

With the SheetA tab selected,
hold down <Ctrl,
click and drag the SheetA tab to the right or left,
release the mouse *first*, then the <Ctrl.

You now have an *exact* copy of the original sheet, with a "2" appended
after the name.
Rename it, and you're all set with an exact copy!
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-

"Chadwill" wrote in message
I did as you instructed. But it messed that sheet up totally. All I

want
copy over is the conditional formatting RULES, not the formatting

itself.

Any other ideas?

Chad
**************************

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Click on the small cell with a triangle, above row numbers. This

will
select the whole sheet.
CopyMove to Sheet2Paste SpecialFormats

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Chadwill" wrote in message
From within Excel 2007, can I export a set of conditional

formatting
rules
and then import them into another worksheet?

On Sheet "A" I've got about 12 conditional formatting rules. The
rules
color certain cells based on whether a certain string of text is

in
the cell,
ex: HToH. I'd like for the same results in color change in the

cell
appear on Sheet "B".

I don't want to have to create the rules all over again for each
sheet. The
thought of needing to edit the rules in future would be

terrifying.

Thanks,
Chadwill