Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Exporting conditional formatting rules

Hi Chad

I only tested with 1 rule in place, and it worked fine.
I can't see why it would be any different for multiple rules.
In my case formatted G12:H17 with the Conditional format =$A$1=1 and
Fill colour Yellow.
I selected the whole sheet (either the triangle cell top left, or Ctrl +
A (once only required in XL2007))
Copy
Move to cell A1 of Sheet3Paste SpecialFormats
Type a 1 in A1, cells G12:H17 turn yellow.

Nothing gets altered/destroyed/messed up in Sheet2

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Chadwill" wrote in message
I did as you instructed. But it messed that sheet up totally. All I
want to
copy over is the conditional formatting RULES, not the formatting
itself.

Any other ideas?

Chad
**************************

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Click on the small cell with a triangle, above row numbers. This will
select the whole sheet.
CopyMove to Sheet2Paste SpecialFormats

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Chadwill" wrote in message
From within Excel 2007, can I export a set of conditional
formatting
rules
and then import them into another worksheet?

On Sheet "A" I've got about 12 conditional formatting rules. The
rules
color certain cells based on whether a certain string of text is in
the cell,
ex: HToH. I'd like for the same results in color change in the
cell
appear on Sheet "B".

I don't want to have to create the rules all over again for each
sheet. The
thought of needing to edit the rules in future would be terrifying.

Thanks,
Chadwill