Hélène

Oh! Well, this is the first time I read this although, in this case, it
makes perfect sense... However, many times, on this site, the suggestion to
change the Windows settings was made. Interesting...

Well, in any case, I cannot find a way to force the custom formatting to
display negative numbers in brackets (no decimals, simple numbers).

Hélène

"Gordon" wrote:

Hélène wrote:
Hi,

I have read every questions and replies on this site in order to get my
negative numbers to show in brackets and nothing works. I am desparate. The
regional settings are changed to indicate negative numbers in brackets but
when I try formatting the cells in Excel, I cannot get the numbers to show in
brackets.

I have Windows XP, Office 2003.

Please help me...

Thanks.

Excel does NOT use the windows regional setting! (ANOTHER example of MS
not doing joined-up thinking - Lotus DOES however, but that's not an MS
product is it?). You have to use Custom Formatting.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk