Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dj dj is offline

Default Very large spreadsheet

I use a large spreadsheet with over 60,000 rows and 30 columns with formulas
such as Vlookup to track and update inventory for my business.

The spreadsheet is taking a long time to calculate, eventually it will
complete the task but it just seems to take an exceedingly amount of time
every time I make a change. I have 2GB memory and a P4 processor 4.3 Gh or
so. What is the correct hardware to use with such big spreadsheets? should
I get a workstation with a bunch of memory and dual core processor? Would
that solve the issue or will the spreadsheet still be sticky ?
--
DJ