Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default charts are making documents huge!

In article , Win75
@discussions.microsoft.com says...
I am creating graphs in excel and then copying them to Powerpoint, the
problem is that both the Excel workbook and the powerpoint document are
increasing dramatically in size.

I have copied 27 charts to powerpoint and the document is now 63MB big and
the Workbook is now 32MB.

It seems as if the charts are somehow becoming huge (in terms of size)

What can i do

Brian did not mention my favored approach.

Copy the chart in Excel. Then, in PowerPoint, use Edit | Paste Special...
and choose the 'Link' option.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions