Dave Peterson

I sometimes get an error like that at work (win2k). I always suspected that it
was a network malfunction, but the weird thing is that the workbook saves
anyway.

Just a test....

If you open windows explorer and traverse to that drive, is it accessible there?

If it is, can you get back to excel (quickly before bad things happen <bg) and
try to save it?

DJA wrote:

I am opening up a file on our network. I can do a saveas to my computer and
then once it is on my machine I can resaveas onto the network. When I open a
file on the network and try to saveas back to the network I get that error
message. I am running Office2000 and from other computers on the network I
don't receive this error.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hi DJA-

More info is needed in order to offer any suggestions.

Is the folder on your local drive or a network?

Are you trying to save a file to a CD/DVD?

These answers plus any other facts would be quite helpful |:)

"DJA" wrote:

I am trying to saveas files and get the following error message:
The folder isn't accessible, the folder may be located on an unavailable
volume or protected with a password

--

Dave Peterson