Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Auto suggest entries?

You are correct.

ToolsOptionsEditEnable Autocomplete works only in the same column.

To get AC in any cell you will have to use Data Validation using a combo-box.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for method and instructions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 11 Jan 2007 05:14:58 -0800, "Manju" wrote:

Is it possible by Excel 2003 to suggest possible entries when we start
filling a cell. I am ready to have a column of possible entries in the
same sheet. What I would like is to have excel suggest entries based on
first few letters we type. I have seen this working only if the data is
in the SAME column.
Regards