Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default vLOOKUP

VLOOKUP allows dates. Post your formula and someone can diagnose it for you.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Ashley" wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to run a VLOOKUP, but I am using dates. I don't think that
VLOOKUP allows dates?
I have one column containing certain dates. I have another column containing
all dates in a range. I would like to assign each value in the range of dates
a "1" if there is a date in my "certain dates" column to match and a "0" if
it there is no match. (For the purposes of running a specific statistical
analysis in another program.)
Is there anyway to run a VLOOKUP with dates? I also tried converting the
dates to "numbers" or "text" but it still does not work....
Thanks!
Ashley