Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Lori Lori is offline

Default copy a specified name range

Thank you for the advice on the drop down list, it works great and I am using
it in my estimate program file a number of times. Thanks again for your help.
--
Lori

"Max" wrote:

Glad you got it up there, Lori !

.. The drop down box for the range name selection is really neat.
Is it easy to create?

Yes, it is, using data validation.

In the sample's instance,
I just select the cell for the droplist ie B2,
then click Data Validation
Under Allow: choose "List"
Then input the 4 range names within "Source:", viz:
MyRange1,MyRange2,MyRange3,MyRange4
Click OK, and we're done

For more info, try Debra Dalgleish's marvellous coverage
on the steps for data validation (DV) at her:
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
Lori wrote:
Thank you, it finally worked this time by rewriting it to match yours and
replacing my source cell of C16. The first few times I tried it exactly as
you had it written, all I got was blank cells, so I rewrote it trying to get
it to work. The drop down box for the range name selection is really neat.
Is it easy to create?
--
Lori