Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default HYPERLINK to a doc with a "#" in the name

Perhaps the PDF file is corrupted? What happens when you try to open the
file from Windows explorer or internet explorer? Can you open it then?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Excel Curious" wrote:

I've been trying to insert the hyperlink using both the =HYPERLINK() function
and Insert Hyperlink from the Insert menu (then navigating to the specific
file).
My hyperlink function looks something like this:
=HYPERLINK("F:\Group\No #, Q41159.pdf","click here")

The error message I'm getting is: "cannot open the specified file"

"Dave F" wrote:

How are you trying to insert the hyperlink? With the =HYPERLINK() function?
Via the Insert menu? Give us some more information on how you're trying to
get this done, what error(s) you are getting, etc.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Excel Curious" wrote:

I'm trying to add a hyperlink in excel to a pdf document that has a "#" in
the title such as 2359, #0006.pdf

I've tried replacing the "#" with %23, which was suggested to me, but does
not seem to work.