Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] JohnC@Raytheon.com is offline

Default "Last Cell" to find last row, but can't delete blank rows

Sean, when I use "Delete" instead of "Clear", Tab 5 deletes down to row
486....still a big improvement over 5000 rows!

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Try this:

Edit/Delete rows/columns that you no longer need
Go to cell A1
Save

" wrote:

Had a problem w/ speeding up save of an Excel file. Good solutions from
people responding and speed has drastically improved!

I was given another suggestion to use Last Cell or Ctrl-End to find the last
used cell. I did and found that I had about 10,000 "extra" rows that were
all blank and therefore making my file bigger and slower to save.

Now I can not delete the extra rows (or columns). I have high lighted the
unwanted rows and used both Delete and Clear (to take care of any unknown
formatting), but when I try Ctrl-End, I'm right back at row 10,000.

As usual, thanks for you help.
John