Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] JohnC@Raytheon.com is offline

Default Faster Excel Saves??

Dave: Good idea. My save time to hard drive took 6 seconds!
Jon: Cool stuff in the links. Thanks much. I was hoping that there were
some temp files building up that I could delete.
You guys do provide valuable service and help.
Thanks,
John

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you're not saving to your local harddrive, maybe you can try that.

Then use windows explorer to copy that file to where you want it.

wrote:

I have a 4 MB Excel file running VBA which is made up mostly of 7 fairly
large macros and some data.

When I save the file, it takes about 2 1/2 minutes....and during the Save
process, the Task Manager is showing "Not Resonding", until the thing finally
settles down after the 2.5 minutes.

Is there any way to implement a faster save time? Apparently Word and PPT
have the Fast Save feature, but Excel doesn't.

Thanks,
John

--

Dave Peterson