Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default Faster Excel Saves??

There are some suggested reasons for slow open/close at
http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm#OpSave

and see also David McRitchies page at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

Once you have identified the reason you may be able to improve things.

regards
Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.3 now available
Name Manager 4.0 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

" wrote in
message ...
I have a 4 MB Excel file running VBA which is made up mostly of 7 fairly
large macros and some data.

When I save the file, it takes about 2 1/2 minutes....and during the Save
process, the Task Manager is showing "Not Resonding", until the thing
finally
settles down after the 2.5 minutes.

Is there any way to implement a faster save time? Apparently Word and PPT
have the Fast Save feature, but Excel doesn't.

Thanks,
John