Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JeremyH1982 JeremyH1982 is offline

Default Finding Duplicate UPC Codes in 1 Column

Yes that worked the BEST... I never used a Pivot Table before.. very useful...

Thanks everyone.
--
Jeremy Himmelreich
Computer IT Manager

"Byron720" wrote:

Another way is to use a Pivot Table just for that column. The layout should
have A1(heading) under row and Count of A1 under DATA. The result will give
you all the UPC's and the number of times they repeat

"Dave F" wrote:

Someone may have a more elegant method, but this works for me.

Assume the UPC codes are in range A2:A100 and A1 is a column heading.

In B2 enter the formula =IF(A2=A1,1,"") and fill down.

Wherever there is a 1 in column B you have a duplicate UPC code.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"JeremyH1982" wrote:

My question is how?

How can I find out if there are duplicates in the UPC Code Column?