Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default When opening spreadsheets filename increments

I don't have 2003, so it could be something checked in Tools Options, that
I'm not familiar with.....otherwise, isolate.......will those same files open
from another computer ok or do they act the same...in other words, does the
problem appear to be with the files, or with a particular installation of
EXcel...

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

Every excel file, or only certain ones of a particular type group, which
could all have the same macro therein............?

Which version of Excel?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Cameron" wrote:

I have a slight problem, when opening excel files the software increments the
filename with a number and then when I save it I have to change the name and
over right the original file. How do I setup Excel so it stops making copies
of my orginal files?