Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default Renaming cells tedious and error prone

From what I can tell from the help, there is no way to rename a cell
and have all of the references updated.

If I need to rename a cell, I have to delete the old name, add the new
name, then manually reapply the new name wherever I need it.

The logical method of simply typing a new name in the Name box only
serves to give the cell a second name, and only the first one
(alphabetically) will be shown.

Am I missing something? Is there some way to change a cell name from
AnnualPayment to AnnPmt and have all references updated automatically?

--
Running Excel 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000