Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets Arvi Laanemets is offline

Default How can I find birthdays for January from a list

Hi

The easiest way - add a column where you calculate the month from birthdate
=MONTH(Birthdate)
, or
=TEXT(Birthdate,"mmmm")
(replace Birthdate with cell reference)
, and the use autofilter to display only records for desired month.

Sorting your data isn't obligatory, unless you want filtered records to be
displayed in date order.

Arvi Laanemets

"Lynn" wrote in message
I have a long list of names with birthdates. When I sort from A to Z it

puts
them in ascending date order. How can I find just the birthdates in a

given
month, regardless of year?