Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Bob is offline

Default Data Validation & Dependent Lists

Using the €śData Validation - Create Dependent Lists€ť instructions on Debra
Dalgleish's Contextures website as a guide, I set up a parent list (Phase)
and dependent list (Activity). For a given Phase, there are multiple
Activities. For each Activity within a given Phase there is also a
Capitalization Flag (€śYes€ť or €śNo€ť).

After a user has selected a Phase (in column A), and then an associated
Activity (in column B), I need a formula in column C that will automatically
display the Capitalization Flag associated with the Activity that was
selected in column B.

Please note that my parent list contains €śillegal€ť characters (spaces), so I
followed Debras instructions for €śUsing Items with Illegal Characters€ť
(http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html#Illegal).

I would greatly appreciate any help in creating a formula in column C that
will automatically display the Capitalization Flag associated with the
Activity that was selected in column B.

Thanks,
Bob