Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default In-Cell Dropdown for validation not displaying

FWIW, I've experienced exactly what you mention here in the past, in Excel
97. It appears there's no way to re-activate the "broken" DV dropdown
functionality in that single particular sheet.

See these 2 past threads which discusses the phenomena:
http://tinyurl.com/yxz4nm
http://tinyurl.com/d3las
--
Max
Singapore
"mikelee101" wrote:
Greetings,
I have a workbook with 19 worksheets in it. On one of them, the In-Cell
Dropdown for validation doesn't appear. It works fine on the other 18
sheets. If I set up validation on a "good" sheet and copy/paste
special/validation onto the "bad" sheet, I don't get a dropdown. If I set up
validation on the "bad" sheet and copy/paste special/validation onto a "good"
sheet, it works fine on the good sheet.
It's like there's a "show in-cell dropdown" property on the worksheet that's
set to "false." If I try to type invalid data into the cell, I get the
validation error message, so I know the validation is there. The "In-Cell
dropdown" checkbox is checked. When I go to "goto/special/validation" the
cell highlights. Just no dropdown.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.
--