Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default chart data range too complex

Select the series, and don't bring up the Data Source dialog. Do you see the
ranges highlighted with colored rectangles?

Select the series and look in the formula bar. Copy the formula you see and
paste it into a reply to this message.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"likes2cook" wrote in message
I went to the series tab and selected a series, but only the top four cells
would be encircled by a dotted line--there was no outline with green,
blue,
and purple. What first caught my attention was that when I highlighted the
chart, the data range on the table was not highlighted. This was strange
considering it was just a simple column chart with all the data in a
simple
table on one worksheet. Could you help me identify the cause and solution?