Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default chart data range too complex

Look at the series tab. It lists the ranges for each series, so you can edit
these ranges (series by series, so it's not as fast as doing the whole chart
at once). When you select a series, you can see the data for that series
outlined with green, blue, and purple. These rectangles can be moved and
sized to change the source data.

A small subset of the reasons the range may be "too complicated" to display:

1. The series are not all the same length.
2. The ranges are not all parallel (i.e., one series uses some data plotted
by columns, another series uses some by rows).
3. Each series plots data from different sheets.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"likes2cook" wrote in message
For some reason a column chart I created wouldn't display the data source
or
data range. The dialogue box said "chart data range too complex to
display."
Can any one help me with the following two questions?

1. How do I find out what data my chart is linked to in the
above-mentioned
case?
2. I need to update the aforementioned chart. How can I do it when data
source or range is not shown?

Thank you for your help in advance.