Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Wouldliktoknowthat Wouldliktoknowthat is offline

Default wrapping text and vlookup

Dave

I have the same problem. If I expand the rowheight manually I can see the
(text) result of the VLOOKUP function. Is there a way to overcome this?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You sure that the text isn't wrapping?

Could it be that the rowheight isn't expanding?

If you adjust the rowheight manually, do you see your wrapped text?

Aaron wrote:

Hi

Bit of a strange one this, I have a vlookup formula that returns long text
strings. I'd like to have the cells wrap the text when necessary, however
excel won't apparently allow this to happen - with the wrap text box checked
the text doesn't wrap. Does anyone know if this is a result of the use of the
vlookup, and is there any way around it?

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson