Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Can I create Multiple passwords to edit multiple ranges?

I use xl2003, also.

With the worksheet unprotected:

I selected a range
tools|Protection|Allow users to edit a range
I clicked the new button
and since I had a range selected, xl just asked me for a password for that range
(I used the default name, but could have changed the address if I wanted)

Then I confirmed the password that I used.

Then I protected the worksheet.

I tried to make a change to another cell and got yelled at.

I tried to make a change to one of those cells in that range and got prompted
for a password.

It seemed to work fine.

Conker10382 wrote:

I am using Excel 2003 and trying to create a spreadsheet that I can lock
entirely but allow certain users to make changes to certain cells by entering
a password. I've tried the "Allow Users to Edit Ranges" option, but cannot
get it to work. I've created the range and password, but when I lock the
spreadsheet, the range of cells remain locked and I can't figure out how to
unlock them with the preset password. The Excel Help files don't mention
anything about this. Am I missing something?

--

Dave Peterson