Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Drop down lists

See Debra Dalgleish's site for how-to's

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 02:21:00 -0800, Gripper
wrote:

Just a quick question, I'm using M/S Exel 2003 and would like to know if it's
possible to make a 3 column drop down list that depends on the list before,
i.e

Column A1 would be “Size” Just a normal list (covering A-Z)
Column B1 would be “Width” Answer from another list but dependent
on the fist lists chosen “Letter”
Column C1 would be “Length” Answer from another list but dependent
on the second lists chosen “Width”

A1 B1 C1
A 10” 40”

Or

A1 B1 C1
C 20” 50”

The Letter in column A1 would generate a drop down list of about 10 choices
in Column B1 and that in turn would generate a drop down list of about 10
choices in column C1.
I have done this with two columns, but can not find any examples for a 3
column.
I am only a beginner with Excel and would appreciate any help or advice you
could give.

Thank you for your time.