Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default Forcing SaveAs to new name

Hi,

I would like to know how to force a user to save a workbook upon closing,
with a new name, so that the original is never changed. I realise this can
be done by saving the file as a template, but I'd rather not have it as a
template as I have some other VBA procedures that go back and forth between
other workbooks, and if I use the template method I can't guarantee the file
name. I guess there might be a resolution here if I force a save to the file
name I'm after, but I wonder if that might be problematic if a file by that
name already exists........

Furthermore, once the file has been saved by a different name, what would
need to happen so the new file CAN be saved as its existing name.

I hope that's clear, but if not....
The file I never want changed is called "A".
When "A" is opened and some procedures are run, I then need the user to HAVE
TO save it under a new file and a name which he can decide (let's say "B").
When "B" is opened, any changes can be made to "B" and saved as usual.

Rob