Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Dale Fye Dale Fye is offline

Default Formatting charts

I'm using Office XP and have inherited a spreadsheet from someone who
departed my organization. I cannot figure out what he has done (I'm mostly
an Access developer), so am trying to start over and duplicate his results.

I'm having difficulty formatting (actually defining) a chart so that I don't
have to redefine the data ranges every time my data gets updated. I would
use a pivot chart, but have not figured out a way to get the legend to float
over the graph like in normal charting.

My data looks something like the following, and is linked to an Access
query. The types of mission and the number of days will vary depending on
several factors, so I don't want to have to reformat the data ranges every
time I requery the Access query. What I want to do is create a stacked bar
chart, where the Mission categories are the labels, the Days are displayed on
the X-Axis, and the CountOfSorties values are stacked in the chart.

Mission Day CountOfSorties
A 1 3
A 2 5
A 3 7