Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar Elkar is offline

Default Linking cells for sorting purposes

In the "Name" column, enter the name, followed by a number for each row. For
example:

Name1
Name2
Name3
Name4
Name5
Name6

Now, when you sort, all 6 rows of your ID Card will sort based on the name,
but stay in the correct order because of the ending number.

HTH,
Elkar

"Ao" wrote:

I have some ID card type information in 22x6 boxes. In order to be able to
sort these academically, I wanted to add a name column next to the ID cards.
How can I make the 22x6 cells into one unit and link them to a box in the
name column so the whole box sorts when I sort the name column? Let me know
if you need more information, I don't know that I've described it very well.
Thanks,
Ben