Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Naomi Naomi is offline

Default ignore blank

I set-up an excel template. I defined validation rules on some cells, mainly
choosing from a list and Ignore Blank unticked (meaning an entry is
mandatory). When testing the template, dropdown list works. I did not
bother going into some of the cells and just clicked SAVE. It allowed me to
save the doco even if there were some mandatory fields that I did not
populate. What I want to happen is for excel to tell me at time of saving
(or when I TAB on the field) that user failed to enter data on mandatory
fields. Couldn't seem to find the answer in HELP ...