Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
berby65 berby65 is offline

Default Grouping DAtes in Pivot Tables

Thanks, I thought as much. Unfortunately the source data is an external
database rather than a spreadsheet. I will have to come up with another work
around. It is a shame becuase apart from this, the grouping function is very
useful.
--
TheBerbs

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

There's nothing built into the pivot table that will allow you to group
dates by fiscal year. You could add a column to the source data, in
which you calculate the Fiscal year and month. Then, add that field to
the pivot table.

berby65 wrote:
When you group dates by year in a pivot table it is always by calendar years
i.e. January to December. This isn't very useful if your financial year runs
for example from March to February. Is there a way of customising the
grouping within a pivot table?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures