Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Changing font colors...

JoAnn,
It sound like you have already changed the colors in the cells
where every character is already green. That would leave the
cells with two or more font colors in them.
Vba code could go thru the used range on the sheet and determine
each cell with mixed font colors. Then for each of those cells
it would have to read the font color for each character and if it
was dark green in color then change it to bright green.
Or it could just look for any character that wasn't colored "automatic"
and change it to bright green.
If you have 10,000 tanks and a small book written about each one
then the procedure would probably take a while.
Does that describe the situation and/or help clarify it?
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote in message
Normally changing the font color is a simple task, right? Well, I've got a
poser for y'all. (Excel 2003, Win 2000, fully patched)

My boss keeps a spreadsheet of issues/resolutions on the tanks (vehicles,
not vessels) at work. Each row is a separate vehicle. One of the columns has
multiple lines of text with manual line breaks between each issue. If an
issue hasn't been discussed at our 3x weekly meeting, that specific line of
text is changed to green. After it's discussed, it's changed to black. Got
this so far?

Okay..........we use a projector in the 3x weekly meeting to display this
spreadsheet. The colors are muddied so I've changed that green text to
bright green so it is obviously not black on the projection screen. I have
been trying to use Find/Replace to find any green text and change it to
bright green. Unfortunately, it will not hit on any cells that doesn't
contain text in mixed colors. It's an all or nothing. I've tried selecting
the "Match entire cell contents" and deselecting it. No difference.

It's difficult to see the green text and I would love to be able to do
something simple like this to change it all in one shot. Can it be done? Can
it be done by someone who knows diddly about VBA?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~