Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba,microsoft.public.officedev
LF LF is offline

Default How to copy workbook?

Hello,

I have a workbook open and I want to populate it with the content of another
xls file. How can I do that. I wan everything transferred: values, formulas,
embedded object, formatting, everyhting. I figured that I coould do a sheet
by sheet copy/paste (of course, enumerating the sheets and chart sheets in
the source document, recreating them in the destination document and then
doing the copy), but I am having a hard time copying over anything else than
values. Also, where are the macros stored? In each sheet or are they
workbook specific? Is there anything else to copy over to make the opened
document identic to the one I am copying from?

Because the destination workbook is already open, I cannot do a SaveCopyAs
on the source workbook and then open that. I need to work with the one that
is already opened.

Any help or guidance is greately appreciated, thank you.

Regards,
Levente