Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Pivot Table Data Sum/Count

Hi

Right click on the PT and select PT wizard Layout Double click the
field label and select Sum

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"adodson" wrote in message
I have multiple fields in the data portion of my pivot table. I have
moved
the data field into the totals column to show these fields vertically.

The problem is that the fields have numbers or text. I want the pivot
table
to sum the numbers and ignore the text as 0s. However, the software
is
automatically putting fields with text and numbers as count and fields
with
only numbers as sum.

I think I was able to do this before, but I can't remember what option
clicked or unclicked.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.