Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
macropod macropod is offline

Default Changing the cell contents from decimal to fractional

Hi Brian,

You can change the decimal format to fractions via
Format|Cells|Number|Fraction.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Brian Denny" <Brian wrote in message
I was sent a spreadsheet with descriptions of product we sell. In each

cell,
displayed is a fraction, however if you click on the cell you see the

decimal
equivalent behind the scenes. I am trying to take information from

several
columns to make an item description for each variation of end mill we

offer.
The problem is that when I write the code for the description cell, you

can
see that the decimal equilivant comes up rather than the fraction that is
displayed.

Here is the code for the description cell: =A2&", "&B2&"LOC, "&C2&"SHANK,

"

SIZE L.O.C. SHANK DIA. DESCRIPTION
1/64 3/64 1/8 0.015625, 0.046875LOC, 0.125SHANK

So you can see that my code displays the decimal equivalent rather than

the
fraction that needs to display.

How can I do this?

Thanks for any suggestions,