Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Getting the equation of the trend line onto the excel sheet

Read the LINEST documentation. It will give you SLOPE, INTERCEPT, and more.

Better yet, read Bernard Liengme's explanation:

http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/exceltips/Polynomial.htm

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Farooq Sheri" wrote in message
Thanks; in fact I have to use INTERCEPT function along with either SLOPE
or
LINEST to get the answer.

Regards
Farooq

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Try the LINEST() function.
David Biddulph

"Farooq Sheri" wrote in message
I have graph that is changing continuously and its trendline changes
accordingly. I use the equation of the trendline to do some
calculations.
Since the data is quite dynamic and I have a large number of graphs, is
there
a way to have the trendline equation printed in a cell. I can then
write a
macro to do my calculations.
Thanks.

Farooq